The Temporary Partner Visa (Sub-class 820) is granted to the applicant first and allows him/her to stay in Australia while the Permanent Partner Visa (Sub-class 801) is in process.
- Applicant must be married or in a De Facto relationship with:
- An Australian Citizen
- An Australian Permanent Resident
- An Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- Applicant’s marriage must be valid according to Australian Law; S(He) must have parental permission if her/his age is 16/17 years.
- Applicant must have been in a De Facto relationship for a minimum of 12 months.
Duration of Stay
- On the Temporary Partner Visa (Sub-class 820), Applicant could stay till the decision on Permanent Partner Visa (Sub-class 801) is made.
- On the Permanent Partner Visa, Applicant could stay permanently.
- Apply for Visa: Have been in a De Facto Relationship for 12 months or are married
- Granted a Temporary 820 Visa: Successful Application
- Supply Additional Documents: Continuity of Relationship
- Granted a Permanent 801 Visa: Documents are checked by Government