The Temporary Partner (Provisional) Visa (Sub-class 309) is granted first and permits the applicant to stay in Australia while the Permanent Partner (Migrant) Visa (Sub-class 100) processes.
- Applicant must be married or in a De Facto relationship with:
- An Australian Citizen
- An Australian Permanent Resident
- An Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- Applicant’s marriage must be valid according to Australian Law; S(He) must have parental permission if her/his age is 16/17 years.
- Applicant must have been in a De Facto relationship for a minimum of 12 months.
Duration of Stay
- On the Temporary 309 visa, Applicant can stay till a decision is made on his/her Permanent Partner Visa (Sub-class 100)
- On the Permanent 100 Visa, Applicant could stay permanently