Since 2011, Indians have been amongst the largest group of migrants living, working, and studying in Australia, behind only to China.
In 2017, applicants from India topped the list, with over 20% of Australian migration visas granted to Indians. Between 2000 – 2017, over THREE LAKH Indians migrated to Australia, and almost half of them have already acquired Australian citizenship.
So, what makes Australia such a great Live Abroad destination?
- Australia, or “The land Down Under”, is a country with a diverse and multicultural population, where people enjoy a relatively high quality of life. Often referred to as the lucky country, you would never stand out, due to the country’s acceptance and adoption of a truly multicultural society.
- Australia has one of the highest living standards in the world; with living expenses and tutition fees considerably lower than the USA and UK.
- Australia is a vast country with diverse landscapes, from beaches, rainforests, reefs, deserts, lakes, rivers, tropical islands, to snow-capped mountains. The country is also home to several natural wonders, and seventeen UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like the Great Barrier Reef, Kakadu National Park, and Fraser Island.
- Australian cities have been recorded to have some of the lowest air pollution levels in the world.
- One of the most efficient Healthcare systems: One of the most efficient Healthcare systems: In addition to private healthcare, all Australian residents are covered by a FREE health coverage plan, referred to as “Medicare”, which provides access to a wide range of health care services, free medical care in public hospitals, and discounted prescription medicines.
- Low crime rate: Australia has a relatively low crime rate, compared to many other parts of the world, and is thought to be one of the safest countries to live.
- Excellent Schooling System: The Australian education system provides free or subsidized schooling for primary, secondary, and tertiary education, and has earned a very good reputation for its quality of education, and unique teaching and learning methodologies.
- World-Class Universities and Colleges: Australia is home to over 1200 Higher Education Institutions, offering over 22,000 courses, including 43 Universities, several hundred TAFEs and private colleges, with seven Australian Universities ranked amongst the 100 ‘Best Universities in the world’.
- Immense post-study work opportunities: The Australian Temporary Graduate Work Visa (Subclass 485), gives students the opportunity to stay in Australia from upto 2-4 years upon graduating, to find suitable post-study employment. *This stream is a pathway to permanent residency.
- Great Job Opportunities in Skilled Work: Australia has a relatively low unemployment rate, and a huge skill shortage, especially in the regional areas of the country like, South Australia, Northern Territory, and Tasmania, opening up immense opportunities for overseas workers to secure skilled employment within Australian companies.
- The Australian Dollar is one of the world’s most stable currencies: The Australian dollar is regarded as being one of the strongest and safest currencies in the world, and the Australian minimum wage is one of the highest, relative to other countries like Canada, UK, USA, and New Zealand.
- Coffee Culture and Foodie Paradise: Australia is renowned for its coffee culture; everyone drinks coffee here, with many small to medium sized cafes adorning the streets around the cities and inner suburbs. Due to the large multicultural population in the country, you can enjoy a diverse variety of food options, from authentic Vietnamese, Italian, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, to many more.
- Pathway to Citizenship: Australia awards dual citizenship (where eligible), and permanent residency visas lead to citizenship pathways, if all eligibility criteria have been met.
- World’s Most Livable Cities: Year after year, Australian cities, including Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, and Adelaide, are ranked amongst the top 15 ‘Most Livable Cities’ in the world, by the Economist.
Are you considering migrating to Australia? Give us a call, or message us for a quick enquiry!